Wednesday, March 14, 2012

She's Seven!

My little girl is seven! Unbelievable. It feels like we just brought her home from the hospital, and yet she's growing up into a beautiful young lady. She likes to goof off and tell jokes, is into crafts and painting, and loves ballet and tennis. She is kind, generous, and all around a cool kid. For her birthday this year, she asked to go to the pottery place in my hometown. I was glad to be responsible only for a cake, and not have to decorate the house. 

The original cake she picked out was a character cake with nearly a dozen 3 dimensional mice and cats in ballerina outfits. (I'll pause for laughter...) I was actually up to the challenge- until the week of her party when I completely chickened out. I had a talk with Brooke, and we looked online together for more cake ideas. I was so excited when she picked out this cake. Easy peasy. I chose a white base icing color, and violet roses.

I placed the cake on a cooling rack to make it easier to apply the roses on the sides of the cake.


Finished! This was one of the easiest cakes I've ever done, and one of my favorites. I really got the hang of it by the end, and contemplated scraping the roses off and making it more "perfect", but Brooke loved it so much I didn't bother. It was her opinion that counted the most to me anyway.

Painting at the party. There were some adorable group shots with her friends, but I don't know how their mommies feel about me posting their pictures online. I need to remember to ask them...
My two other pretty ladies painting with mommy.

Playing hide and seek while waiting for everyone to finish painting.


One of her friends bought her a caboodle!!! Blast from the past. I was super excited.

She has precious friends. Several made her homemade cards and books. I love her girls.

Is she really seven??



Adorable, aren't they?

Happy birthday Brooke! Mommy and Daddy love you so much, and we are so proud of you!!

1 comment:

  1. Soooooo cute! Her party looks like a lot of fun, and the cake is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete