Monday, July 11, 2011

Great Grandparents

Isaac is our shy boy. I never worry about him running away from me in a parking lot because he's usually clawing at my hand while glued to my side, terrified he'll be hit by a car. He is friendly to strangers as long as they don't try to get too close. He still whimpers when I drop him off at Sunday School with the same friendly faces he's known for two years now. Knowing all of this, I'm very glad that even though he doesn't see him every week, Isaac constantly asks about my Pap pap (my maternal grandfather) and wants to go see him. We don't see my Pap pap as much as we should or I'd like- he and my grandma don't live in the same town as us, and he is home-bound. When we do go visit them, Isaac is immediately playing with Pap Pap and getting as close to him as possible. It's like they have an instant connection. He also loves my grandma to pieces and likes to sit on her lap. Pap Pap and Grandma are my only living grandparents, and I love them both very much. I have great memories of sleepovers in their home with my cousins, watching Grandma frying her yummy cheeseburgers, and making milkshakes in Grandma's kitchen. Recently my Grandma made my kids chocolate milk, and it brought back those memories again.

Pap Pap (James Robert ) as a young man.

Pap pap and Grandma back when they were young loves. They are still in love, and young at heart. :) They raised five children together.

Pap Pap in 1954. James Robert  served our country in both the Marines and the Air Force. He was the driver for Admiral Delaney as a Marine. He retired as Master Sargeant of the Air Force.  

Taken in April of 1954 under a B36 Peacemaker at Lowry Air Force Base near Denver, Colorado.

Pap Pap holding my mother, born in 1957.

My sister and I eating popcorn with Pap Pap. One of my favorite childhood memories. He used to pick through the bowl and find pieces without the kernel for us.

Pap Pap holding baby Isaac. I love their grins here.

Grandma and Isaac- she loves holding her babies. She and Pap Pap have fifteen grandchildren, and eighteen great grandchildren- (did I count that right?)

Look how little they are! 

Isaac was almost two years old here, loving on Pap Pap.


Little snuggler.


More recent picture- look, no teeth! I grew up thinking Pap Pap had magic teeth he could take in and out.

Mom, Pap pap and all four of my children. Thanks, Mom, for your interest in geneology, and giving me easy access to all these pictures!

Love you Pap Pap and Grandma!!!







1 comment:

  1. That's so neat! I love family history stories and pictures.

    ReplyDelete