Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lydia is Four!

My baby girl is four. Four!


Was it really all that long ago that I posed for one last pregnancy pic?

And I met my baby girl face to face?

Our sweet girl is growing up.

We had no idea the roller coaster ride we'd be put on regarding allergies, asthma, and epilepsy. But that is only a part of her story. She is strong willed, incredibly funny, has a giant imagination, and gives the sweetest hugs. She loves to be rocked before naptime and squeezes my face into hers when she hugs me. She tells on herself when she's tired by telling me, "I don' wanna goa bed." She loves doing her schoolwork, asking for her "animals". (Each unit starts with a new animal.) She's convinced she's a real princess, and her daddy is her real life prince. She has him wrapped around her cute little finger. Bill loves watching her dance like a ballerina before bedtime. Lydia's sisters and brother adore her, even though she tries to boss them around sometimes.

Lydia's favorite shows are Doc McStuffins and Sophia the First. She couldn't decide between the two for her party, so I went with Doc McStuffins. We can't use store-bought cakes because of all the food allergies, but I'm determined that she will always have fun cakes. Over the past three years, I've realized how much I love baking and decorating them myself. For this cake, the doll and doctor bag posed in front are toys, but the rest was decorated with royal icing, sugar paste, and fondant.

Lydia recently passed her very first food challenge: wheat! We are still celebrating that fact many weeks later. (Her current allergy list is still extensive- if anyone is so moved to pray per allergy, here they are: peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, soy, shellfish, melons, garlic, beef, and red dye. And hornet stings. Oh, and cats.) 

 I was so excited to bake a cake with white flour!

Mommy's former profession made it onto the cake. Subliminal messaging never hurts.

 I've been on a crocheting kick lately. 

Our sweet girl who we love so much!

Practicing the finger count.

Cousins and best friends.










Reliving my childhood through my own children. Calico critter love! 



 We are looking forward to another great year with our Lydia Kate. Prayers for her total healing, and thanks to our Lord for bringing her into our lives. Love you, precious girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment