Thursday, May 27, 2010

Goodbye Preschool (for now)

Nine months ago Bill and I dropped off our two oldest children at preschool for the first time. It felt very weird to drive away that morning and leave them behind. We trusted they were in good hands, but it still seemed strange. A part of me wanted to run back in and grab them.

Here a few pics from that day in September.



At the start of the year, the girls were super excited to go to their school twice a week, and I was excited to have a couple hours to myself while Isaac napped. As the year progressed, Isaac dropped his morning nap and we got to spend one-on-one time with each other. Then in December, along came baby sister Lydia. Getting the girls to school became more of a challenge, but thankfully the sweet teachers at the preschool helped me out in those early weeks. As winter dragged on, the girls had to miss several days because of the snow, but then spring soon arrived, and the last days of school were upon us before we knew it. My girls have grown so much socially in this past year, it's amazing. They have made great friends, and love talking about their classmates. We "played" school most days they didn't have preschool with workbooks at home.
Here are some pictures from their last day of preschool. I can't believe how much they have grown in such a short time.


It's a been a great year, and I'm now enjoying having all four of my babies at home with me. This September Brooke will enter kindergarten (gulp) and Madeline will return to preschool minus her big sister. I feel like I'm grabbing at sand in an hourglass trying to slow their childhood. I am trying to soak in each moment, and the days I get frustrated and tired, I think of how much I will miss holding a tiny hand in mine, getting sloppy peanut butter kisses, and hearing "mama!!" yelled from upstairs. I am in the happiest time of my life, and so thankful to God for all He has given us.

On a side note: Two new babies have debuted today- my cousin's wife delivered baby #4, and our friends from church delivered their first child. Congratulations to both families- enjoy counting those fingers and toes, and memorizing that tiny new face. Can't wait to meet them both!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Doesn't seem possible that Brooke is finished with pre-school. I'm SURE that she will have a great time in kindergarten, too. The pics are really cute. Good post, Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete