Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mommy's Day


It's been awhile since my last blog post, but I've been a little busy. (Imagine that.) I start teaching a new class at my alma mater tomorrow, and I need to release some nervous energy, so I'm taking a few short moments to blog about this year's Mother's Day. It was an especially big day for our family this time around, for many reasons. The older girls were playing in our church's Joy Bells group, and Brooke was singing in the children's choir. We  had also chosen this special day to dedicate our children to the Lord in front of the congregation. It is a moment to publicly testify that we are choosing to raise our children in a Christian home centered around our Lord and Savior.

Here are a few pictures of the day. I could give a minute to minute play-by-play (which I personally would love to do and just don't have the time or energy), but I'll sum it up by saying that I spent a wonderful day with my family, and gave thanks many times that I have been so incredibly blessed.




My sweet boy before the service started.

Prayer during the dedication, alongside the other parents dedicating their children.

Lydia was able to fit into her going-home outfit for the special occasion. I'm going to put it in a shadowbox to hang in her room.

Madeline got stage fright during Joy Bells. I rescued her after I noticed she was silently crying.

Brooke singing the Mother's Day song. I am stunned she is already five- I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming.

My beautiful family. I am still in awe of how much my Lord has blessed our family. Ok, teary-eyed again. Moving along.

I am trying to savor every moment, so that when they grow up and leave, I will know that I did my best to cherish every moment of their childhood. Wow, I need to buy some waterproof mascara. And something for these postpartum hormones still raging inside me.

The three girl cousins in a row- Lydia, 4 months, Kessa, 2 months, Gwen, 2 weeks.

The three boy cousins in a row- Isaac, Kirklen, and Noah. We McCollams like to be predictable. (FYI- there are 15 McCollam cousins in total. That is until someone else announces they are expecting. Angie- I think you are next in line.)

Bill and his pretty momma.

 Me and my own beautiful momma.

Every day with my children is Mother's Day, but it is certainly nice to take one day each year to stop and reflect on what a blessing that role in life really is. Not cooking for one day also is something to grateful for.
Less than 360 days until we get to do it again!




2 comments:

  1. You are soooo blessed and have a seriously beautiful family. Glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day. I had never thought about how there were three boys 2 years ago and now three girls! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog, Michelle. It's really nice! Pretty! A beautiful family indeed. I'm glad I could be there on Mother's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete