Thursday, August 29, 2013

Celebration Thursday- Day 4 (Vol 1, Unit 1, Chapter 1 Weaver)

Want to know one of the best parts of homeschooling? Birthdays are holidays! My kids won't get snow days, so this will help to make up for that. They still completed their math, penmanship, creative writing, and reading assignments, so I'm going ahead and counting today as an official school day. Tomorrow we're back to a regular schedule!


The birthday girl!


I just like her expression here.


 We slept in and went to Chick Fil A for a late breakfast. I like Madeline's birthday choices.

Madeline read library books most of the afternoon, and then turned our living room into a ballroom. Brooke wasn't happy being the boy, but Isaac wouldn't have anything to do with it.

  
Lydia dizzy from twirling.

Words that describe Madeline: reader, dreamer, witty, inquisitive, wise, joyful, ponderous, leisurely, comedian. She opens her Bible several times a day- and not because I ask her to. She loves Jesus with all her heart, and it spills out in what she says and does. She can talk to anybody, anywhere- whether a five year old girl or an eighty year old man. A few weeks ago we were helping to serve a meal at a local mission, and she kept an eye out for another kid she could talk to. A little girl came in to eat with her grandma, and Madeline walked across the room to go sit with her. They chatted about Hello Kitty and her bff necklace. It was hard not to cry watching her. Here I am as a mother praying for God to show me how to reach out to a hurting world, and my six year old is living it out right in front of my eyes. I learn so much from her big heart. She slows the world down, taking it all it in. She finds the beauty in everything, even a rainbow reflecting off of a oily mud puddle. 

God surprised us with a pregnancy seven years and nine months ago. I was scared to death, unprepared, and incredibly excited. God gave us this precious little girl when we weren't even looking for her, and we couldn't be more blessed. She's perfect for us- our Madeline! Happy birthday baby girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment