Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Volcanoes! Unit One, Chapter Two

I was so determined to be a consistent nightly blogger this school year. Then real homeschooling life kicked in. There's been lots of out of town traveling, field trips, and ongoing sicknesses keeping me away from blogging. Homeschooling is amazing and we're loving it, but we are still trying to find our groove in the whole scheduling thing. I quickly realized that I'm not the only one in need of structure. After two days of loosening up on a strict schedule, I was going crazy inside- and after a talk with the kids, I was a little shocked to realize that they were too. The girls asked if we could go back to the way we did it the first week- early AM start and clear-cut schedule of events. I guess we just aren't the homeschool family who sleeps in until 9am and starts school in our pjs. I'm kinda disappointed about that, because really- sleeping in past 7am sounds heavenly. But sanity is more important than sleep sometimes.

Last week we covered volcanoes, and I don't think it's possible to do that without a homemade volcano. I wouldn't say that their volcano knowledge was deepened by the project, but it was a ton of fun!

Here's a YouTube of the project. I had some fun with the video editor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glTphY-S2Q4

No comments:

Post a Comment