Thursday, June 24, 2010

Things to Remember

My kids say and do funny and memorable things on a daily basis. So why is it when I try to remember them for a blog post, they all leave my brain?? This post will likely need part 2 (or 3 or 4 or....) once I put my brain back together, but here are a few memories I've managed to dredge up from the recesses of my brain.

Brooke

*Bill came home from work a few months ago, and when she heard the garage door go up, she said, "Oh! My prince is here." Bill, not knowing this, greeted her by saying, "Hello, Snow White!"

*The girls were laying around on the couch one morning, and I told them they had to get up and go play. Brooke told me, "We are, mommy. We are playing Sleeping Beauty."

*The other night Bill made a donut run to fulfill Brooke's prayer request for donuts. About 10pm he went upstairs because she needed help in the bathroom. She asked him what he was eating downstairs. Bill asked what she meant. Brooke said, "Well, I heard you downstairs talking about chocolate and sprinkles."

*This morning she asked me for some tape and I told her we were all out. She said, "I don't think so. Can you look again?" I looked, and sure enough, there was another roll. She then walked into the playroom, and I overheard her tell Madeline and Isaac in a defeated voice, "Sometimes mommy is right, but sometimes mommy is wrong."

*She arranges a birthday party at our house every day. Complete with wrapped presents, cake, cupcakes, and decorations.

*She is a star negotiator, bordering on arguing. We are trying to teach her that fine line.


Madeline

*When she grows up, she wants to be a recycling girl (like a garbage man, but with recyclable items only.)

*At dinner one night a few weeks ago, she announced, "When I am five, I am going to try to get married."

*She would like to marry either her brother, daddy, pap-pap, or her friend Blake. Therefore Blake is her only option of that list. She has not yet learned of the arrangement I have with Amy and one of her boys.

*Aunt Leah was helping her make a crown, and she asked if she would like her to write "Princess Madeline." Madeline said, "No. QUEEN Madeline."

*The other day she was handing out stickers for good deeds. She gave Bill one for working hard outside building the new deck. She then showed him one with an ice cream cone on it, then pulled it away, saying "Now...you have to go to the Dairy Queen to get this one."

*She was casually referring to and greeting Lydia as "Stinky Pete" yesterday until I made her stop.

*After leaving the dentist office (who has the most amazing playground waiting room I have ever seen in a pediatric office) she told me, "I want to do this every day."

*She asked every. single. day. that I was pregnant with Lydia "Why oh why does it take so long to make a baby???"

*She listens to a CD of kids songs with headphones and sings at the top of her lungs, not realizing everyone can hear her.

*Her new favorite phrase, while giggling hysterically: "I have some bad news to tell you..."

*She walks around with both hands on her hips.

Isaac

(He doesn't speak much yet, but is still hilarious in expressions and gestures.)

*Several weeks ago,I gave him a stack of clothes to put away for me, and then found them a couple hours later. In the toilet.

*When he comes to me with brown all over his hands, I impulsively smell them to make sure it's really chocolate.

*While cleaning his face one day, he wouldn't sit still, so I said in a frustrated voice, "Isaac..." He stopped wiggling and looked up at me sweetly and said, "Mama?"

As aggressive as he can be with his sisters, yesterday he gently wiped a tear away from Brooke's cheek after she fell down.

*He sleeps clutching a matchbox car, a bear, a glowworm, and a sippy cup of water.

*When he wakes up he stands at the door and yells "MAMA!!" over and over at the top of his lungs. When I open his door he is usually standing there with his hair every which way holding a teddy bear and smiling sweetly at me.

*He is sitting beside me as I type pretending to read.

*He "talks" very loudly to Bill and I the entire time we are in the car. We will likely move him to the back row with Brooke and Madeline for the trip to Florida. Brooke and Madeline aren't so sure about this idea.

*He is either a lion, tiger, bear, dog, or monster on a regular basis. He randomly growls at strangers in public. Thankfully he doesn't try to bite them.

*He plays with his sister's baby dolls, but not in a sweet caring way like they do. He carries them like a football, throws them into their bassinet, and slams them around the room.

He is totally infatuated with Bill and Pap-pap. He wants to help them build things, and keeps his own shovel in Bill's toolbox.

Lydia

*She is always ready to greet you with a smile.

*She loves mommy's milk.

*She slobbers a lot.

I'm sure there will be many continuations of this post. I'd love to hear other funny stories about your own kids as well!

3 comments:

  1. Queen Madeline. I love that girl! =) Well, I love all of them actually, but you get what I'm saying. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaac is also pretty fond of his uncle Josh, even though he doesn't see him very often.
    I told a lady at work today the story about Brooke and the tape - she said to tell you to enjoy it; in 10 more years mommy will always be wrong. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read these. Please continue to post them. :) Love my grandbabies! :)

    ReplyDelete