Friday, January 28, 2011

Hook Me Up

Amy and I made a deal last year that we would hold each other accountable to learn how to knit. We both ended up failing each other- neither one of us are knitters. But recently, I ordered a hat online for Lydia.
 It kind of looks like a headband in this picture, but it is indeed a hat. It reignited my desire to learn to knit (I later learned that this hat is actually crochet, not knit) so I went to the bookstore this afternoon and bought a how-to-crochet book, yarn, and hooks. I have spent the past three hours holding my hands in a cramped position...
and here is what I finally ended up with.
Please don't judge. I'm proud of my sad little string of yarn. A very generous friend of mine has agreed to come over next week to help me out. Naive little me imagined Lydia wearing a fancy new hat as soon as Monday. Go ahead and laugh, you won't hurt my feelings. I won't, however, give up on the dream of Amy and I sitting poolside on our cruiseship in a few weeks, crocheting up a storm.


1 comment:

  1. When I picture you two knitting by the pool on a cruise, I also picture grey hair complimented by kaki shorts and polo shirts in lieu of bathing suits

    ReplyDelete