Monday, January 31, 2011

Three Day Kisses

This week Madeline goes from five-day to three-day-a-week preschool schedule. We absolutely adore her school and the wonderful teachers there- it is a private Christian school where they memorize Bible verses every week and the Bible story lessons are integrated into the preschool education. The decision to decrease her days at the school is simply due to the fact that Madeline is getting worn out, and she has asked to be home with me more.

This morning, while I was busy getting backpacks ready and fixing Brooke's lunch, Madeline was trying to talk to me. I was listening to her, but not looking at her directly in the middle of my busy-ness. "Mommy, do you know why I want to go to school three days not five?" Without looking up, I muttered, "mm-hm". She said, "It's because I like you and like to give you kisses." I melted. I immediately dropped what I was doing and held her beautiful face in my hands while she smothered me with kisses. L-O-V-E!!!



1 comment: