Sunday, January 23, 2011

Homeless Smiles

This morning before church, I snapped some pictures of my kiddos. Bill and I didn't roll out of bed until 8:15am, but we all still managed to be dressed and ready  to go by 9:30am. I looked at how scrumptious the kids all looked, and decided an impromptu photo session was definitely needed. Isaac even volunteered to join in- no crying or wailing involved!

Brooke was distracted by her balloon.
Then Isaac wanted a picture of just himself and Lydia.
I'm not sure why he seems to always put his arm across her for pictures. Keeping her still?

Then, Lydia's turn.

 Cheese!
 It wasn't until we got in the car that I looked in the background of the picture below. Remember the Homeless Dyson blog post?
Lydia's dress was a gift made by my awesome friend Stephanie, and the hairbow was made by Amy (who else?). God gave me girls, and I enjoy making the most of it! Lydia is wearing shoes now- I haven't attempted footwear for her in a few months because she always chewed on them before- but lo and behold, she loves to look at these and keeps them on. (Can you tell I totally get into the whole "I've got girls!" thing?) Also, in case you are wondering, this photo shoot didn't even make us late for church. Bill and I are considering getting a new camera with a good lens- I have no formal teaching in photography, but fingers crossed that a more professional-type camera could help camoflauge a tiny bit of that fact. If you have a good camera and love it, please tell me about it!




1 comment:

  1. I have had several different cameras... (I take pictures on the side) It really depends on how much you are wanting to spend. I loved SONY cameras for the longest time... really they make almost ANYTHING look good/professional. It wasn't until this past year that we purchased a Nikon D90 professional camera and WOW... what a camera! The Sony cameras that we've had were also professional Digital SLR cameras... I can tell the difference between the two... the Sony is more user friendly... but the Nikon is more Professional ... by far!

    ReplyDelete