Thursday, July 15, 2010

From the Diaries of a Homeless Dyson

Hi. I'm Dyson, the hard-working, floor-cleaning accessory in this non-bug-eating household. I am plugged in daily, and never feel neglected. My owner has even referred to me once or twice as her sexy cleaning companion. However, even with all this love, I have one major problem. I am homeless, usually left alone in the foyer, as there is no closet to call my own. The downstairs closet used to be called home, until a sudden shoe reorganization kicked me out a few months ago. With the upstairs closet dedicated to linens, I am now left to wander aimlessly throughout the day. It's ok, though- really it is. It allows me to join in family activities, even if it is in the background.

I enjoy watching male bonding in the foyer from time to time.

I also serenade Brooke on occasion as she listens to her music.

I help comfort Lydia in the car carrier just before outings.
(I know- I barely made it into the picture. But don't the floors look clean and shiny?)

I like to oversee the older girls make a castle out of blankets and pillows.

And I watch Isaac play with his mommy while she snaps a few pictures.
Yes, I love this family. I work hard to keep their floors dirt-free, and thoroughly enjoy being a part of the action, even if it is in the background. Maybe one day I will find a closet or space to call my own. (I mean, really- is it my fault that just weeks after I was purchased, my makers released a smaller, lighter version of myself?) Until then, look for me hidden in the background on future blog postings. I'll be sure to say hello.

4 comments:

  1. Dear McCollam Dyson,
    You always look great, but I pray one day your mom will give you a home. I mean, it's only fair. I hope she hasn't left you homeless out of resentment because you are not the newer, younger model that's available now!!!
    Love,
    The Owner of a Much Larger Dyson Than You and Mine Still Has a Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was hillarious! Thanks for the laugh Michelle, you are an awesome write, I just hoped to be as good as you someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided to write this one after looking at my pictures one night and realizing how many had the vacuum cleaner randomly in the background. Thank you Sande! You have a great blog- the first phone call post is definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny! I really enjoyed reading this -- you should write a book -- it would sell, sell, sell!! For real! :)

    ReplyDelete