Saturday, July 10, 2010

Wonderfully Ordinary

It happened, finally! A picture with all four of my children looking into the camera and smiling. The one and only other time this has occured was on Valentine's Day, when Lydia was still a newbie. Bill was able to snap this pic on the steps of our house this evening.

Today was so much fun, though somewhat unexpectedly so. Bill was scheduled to work this weekend, and I ended up taking all the kids to Sam's Club by myself. It sounds like torture, but it was actually- dare I say- fun! Everyone was in a good mood, no one cried, and I only knocked one child down with the grocery cart. (Sorry Isaac.) Then, all five of us came home, ate lunch, and took a nap. ALL of us. I woke up two hours later and wasn't sure if it was morning or evening. Glorious. After my dad stopped by to play with the kids, Bill came home and we traveled a half hour north to paint pottery. Here are some pics of our artwork.


Here are the finished products, before they are put in the kiln.
I'm thinking of hanging the plate in my dining room -unless it doesn't turn out as well as I hope it will, in which case it will be used to serve food.

We rounded out at the day at Chick Fil A. Once home we were surprised to be able to view fireworks from an upstairs window. I love days like today, so wonderfully ordinary. The kids are now tucked into bed, and Bill is sleeping soundly beside me. I've said it over and over, but it is so true- thank you God for all you have given us. Each and every day is such a gift.

2 comments:

  1. What a truely wonderful day. Awww....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely was that day. What beautiful grandbabies. What a sweet, sweet family. ILY.
    Precious photos. :)

    ReplyDelete