Monday, July 19, 2010

Pools, Procrastinating, and "Peed My Pants" Google Style

Last week the kids and I spent our days going back and forth between home and VBS, and though exhausting, it was 100% worth the time and energy. We ended the week with a pool party provided by the church, where I let the kids play in the "big pool". Ever since I watched that episode of Oprah a few years ago about dry drowning, I've been terrified to watch my children in any body of water bigger than a bathtub. Letting go of my intense grip on my children in the water was further challenged when Isaac decided to go after a pool toy all by himself. It's number one in this edition of What I Learned This Week.

1. Even though he shows fear of strangers, parking lots, and being lost in a crowd, my two year old son does not understand that he can't walk on water. I am very thankful his daddy has the reflexes of a cat.

2. When volunteering in the craft room at Vacation Bible School, the messiest age group may not be the one you expected.

3. I am more of a procrastinator than I like to admit. Four days after deciding to take my BFF Amy up on her "whip it up" challenge, I still have not completed the blanket I started for Lydia three months ago.

4. My once burning desire to learn to knit for an upcoming 16 hour car drive has fallen to the wayside, and I am very sad about this. But obviously not sad enough seeing as I am doing nothing about it. Again, that darn procrastinating problem.

5. Recalling which alternating week the recycling truck comes by is much more difficult a task than one might think.

6. Telling your little girls that their dream of seeing Cinderella's castle is coming true will be one of the most fun times in parenthood. You will also hear, "How many sleeps until..." every waking moment of the day.

7. Watching House Hunters International reminds me of how spoiled I am as an American, and thankful I don't have a washing machine in my kitchen.

8. Blogging has apparently become an addiction of mine.

9. Doing a google blog search for "peed my pants" sends you to my blog. Funny.

For more things that people learned this week, hop on over to From Inmates to Playdates.

3 comments:

  1. I asked if you wanted to learn knitting with me, so that I would have someone to hold me accountable! Now, look at us. Neither of us are knitters. Also, we really need to stop talking about peeing in our pants, or people will think we really do this all the time. Maybe the fact that googling "peeing in your pants" brings you to your blog is not something you should be proud of. Just a thought. =) I think we should start talking about how we NEVER pee our pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I please have a washing machine in my kitchen. Signed Catherine in Uganda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first house we bought -- only one year old -- 3 BR, 1 Bath, and attached garage -- had the washing machine hookup in the kitchen. Actually, I liked it there. It was convenient. The dryer was in the garage, but I hung up most of the linens and clothes to dry in the back yard. Great memories. :)

    ReplyDelete