Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle

While I have been preparing myself to send Brooke to kindergarten soon, I had no idea I would be hit with another growing-up whammy today in the dental office. Brooke, Madeline, and Isaac all had dental cleanings today, where I mentioned that Brooke had been complaining about her teeth "being funny" during meals. Within seconds, the hygienist figured out why. Brooke's two front teeth on the bottom are loose, and an adult tooth has already erupted behind them. How in the WORLD did I miss this? In any case, she must lose the teeth within a few weeks or they will need to be extracted. So wiggle, wiggle, wiggle we go.

Which brings up the subject- how much money is appropriate from the tooth fairy these days? Is it sentimental or gross to keep her baby teeth? Hmm... I should also go ahead and make her a cute tooth holder.  Something girly, yet still functional.

Oh, Brooke- I thought I would have another year before admiring a toothless smile, but time marches on whether I like it or not. I love you, baby girl!!!


Also, happy birthday to another kid I love- Parker D. He turned three years old last week, and while I am so very bummed my kids had to miss his birthday party, I can't wait to give him a huge hug next time I see him. You can read about his big day on his mommy's blog.
Oh Steph, I can't believe he is THREE!! Great job on raising such a loving and smart little boy. You are an amazing mama- so glad to be a part of your lives. Love you!

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe she's at the age where she'll be losing her teeth. Don't keep her teeth, or at least I'll make fun of you if you do. Thanks for the shout out at the end. We miss you guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know.... Grace has lost 4 and the top ones are begining to get loose. Im hoping the rest of her doesnt develope so quickly or im in BIG trouble. ha ha. Grace gets a dollar and a note from the fairy for every tooth.... and I know its gross Steff but I have to admit I have kept all her teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. Its funny how excited they get about loosing teeth. Lana lost her first tooth this past spring, she was seven though. So Brooke is alot younger. Lana couldn't wiggle it enough once she realized it was slightly loose. She drove me crazy checking on it each day, sometimes every couple of hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a couple of toothless little boys! For the first tooth they got $5 and everyone after is $2. I found a cute little letter from the tooth fairy (http://toothfairykingdom.com/) that was left at the first visit. The tooth fairy's first visit to each child was made really special by leaving fairy dust (glitter) and foot prints (barbie feet in washable paint) through the childs room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a doll, Brooke -- with or without those baby teeth. LOVE YOU!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete