Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Power of Advertising, Band Aids, and Hot Glue Guns

I'm linking up again to Julie's blog this week about things I've learned in the past few days. In my life I always seem to be learning new things, as the giant burn on my thumb is reminding me while I type this.

1. Don't try to hot glue something while pointing the gun in the air. This will avoid a giant glob of hot glue landing on your thumb, and then doing the crazy dance while trying to rip it off your burning flesh.

2. A Barbie Jeep will survive heavy rain. (I think. I'll tell you for sure next week.)

3. A toddler is not tall enough to be seen over a grocery cart. Remember this so you don't knock him to the ground if he happens to step in front of it. (Again, sorry Isaac.)

4. A Toy Story, Barbie, or Hello Kitty Band Aid immediately heals any wound, no matter how microscopic.

5. Allowing your children to start watching SpongeBob, or any other station other than PBS or Disney, will result in several requests for whatever item they see in the commercials. Your five year old may even explicitly tell you that the only reason she wanted that kind of cereal is because "that bee is so silly on tv."

6. Pop Tarts sold at Sam's Club state on the box that the product is approved for use in public school nutrition programs. Enough said on this topic, unless you would like to see smoke pour out of my ears and flames shoot from my mouth.

7. When picking out pottery to paint, be sure to take note of the price tags, or else you may end up spending twice (or more) than you thought you were going to be.

8. Your three year old looks adorable in pigtails, leaving you wondering why you hadn't been fixing her hair like that long before now.

9. Don't let your kids improve on their game skills with hide and seek, or it will backfire on you when you truly want to hide.

10. Children who have an internal alarm clock that goes off at 6:30am will inexplicably turn off that alarm on the ONE DAY that you need them to get up at such an early hour. (Why, oh whyyyyyyy.........)

For other things that people learned this week, go on over to Julie at Inmates.

3 comments:

  1. I firmly believe shopping carts should have a thingy on them that makes them stop when a small child steps in front of it (before running over said child of course)

    I have the opposite problem with the sleeping, mine will sleep in really late except on the days when I really need them to because I didn't get any sleep.

    Love your list! And love your blog header, that is such an awesome picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch - the thumb!! I've learned that it's never a good idea to pick up the lid from a pot that you just got out of the oven -- with your bare hands. Not good.

    ReplyDelete