Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What is Your Facebook Personality?

*Disclaimer* No real names have been used in this post. Any resemblance to you or someone you know is purely coincidental.

If you are on facebook (by now, who isn't, really) you have a fb personality-whether you want to admit it or not. This diversity is part of what makes social networking so much fun. Here I have listed a few of those personalities, in no particular order.

1. The Energizer Bunnies
These are the facebookers who are so busy they have zero time for punctuation in their busy schedule they have so many ideas that need to get across to their friends and so many places to go that taking even a nanosecond to use any sort of punctuation is not possible so why even bother to take a breath and insert it in.

Whew. Lost my wind there for a sec. Ok, ready to move on.

2. Ole' Yellers
IT IS TOO FRUSTRATING TO HIT THE SHIFT BUTTON EVERY TIME A CAPITOL LETTER IS NEEDED. LEAVING THE ALL CAPS BUTTON ON IS SO MUCH EASIER. TOO BAD IT LOOKS AS IF THE WRITER HAS A SHOUTING PROBLEM- WHAT MAKES IT EVEN FUNNIER IS THAT THIS PERSONALITY IS USUALLY OWNED BY SOMEONE WITH SUCH A SWEET PERSONALITY, THEY WOULD NEVER HURT A FLY, LET ALONE YELL AT IT.

3. Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens
Just as reminiscent as the song, so is this personality. This is the facebooker who takes time to see beauty in all things, at all times. It is rarely taken to the double rainbow level, but posting pictures of kittens and baby ducks is not out of the realm of possibility.

4. Oscar the Grouch
While this personality is rarely owned on a daily basis, all of us from time to time use facebook to oust our frustrations. (Some more so than others.) Rants can range anywhere, including cell phone carriers, annoying traffic violators, disobedient children, and gross sinus infections.

5. Mommy's Angels
This is the facebooker who has dedicated her profile solely to her children. She feels guilty if her profile picture displays anyone else, including herself. Statuses must always include cute quips from her darlings, and photo albums must be uploaded on a monthly basis at minimum. Facebook serves as a giant car bumper to display all of her babies' accomplishments and milestones. Social networking is also what keeps her sane in a child-consumed life.

6. The Gamers.
You know who you are- facebook serves little else than a place to do your farming, mafia hits, and inquiries on how many children you will have one day and which celebrity you most look like.

7. The Spies
I'm not sure what percentage of the fb population makes up this personality- it's impossible to know-but these are the ones who never post anything on their profile, yet silently probe into everyone else's business.

8.  Play by Play
Just like a sports announcer during a basketball game, this personality must alert all friends of daily activities- when they eat, shower, even go potty.

So, what personality are you? I own at least a couple of them myself. And if you have taken any offense to anything in this post, pleae remember the above disclaimer. Happy social networking!

10 comments:

  1. I am all of the above depending on what is going on in my life. There are times I only get on to be nosy, but never leave a comment. I definitely have a month by month picture album thing going. I rant quite often. I sometimes forget a few commas here and there, and often forget to capitalize. Yeah, i for sure have a schizophrenic facebook personality. Love the post. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i can claim almost all of them! (o: Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facebook stalkers creep me out. And, I am definitely not one of those. I have way too much to say than to log on and not leave comments. =) And, I am really offended by this whole post, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "stephen" is not really the one who posted that comment, by the way! =) whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We know it was you Stephen don't lie! Love this post, I found myself in a few of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I'm a little of all of them as well, depending on my mood. #7 scares me which I've recently encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My least favorite of these are the gamers. HATE THE GAMES. And the screamers,too. I would fall into Oscar's catergory and excel at being a spy although I do post quite a bit. I don't mind sharing my business, but I love being in everyone else's too. Facebook and my nosiness get along real well. Oh, and for the record I'm not a big fan of those who never capitalize the first letter of their sentences either. Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and for the record, I hate having to type 6 letters into a box before leaving a blog comment. Especially when I usually type it wrong and get a whole nother set of six letters. Just sayin' :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you covered about everyone, Michelle! :) And, Julie, actually, I like to type those letters into that little box. I'm just weird that way. ;)

    ReplyDelete