Friday, July 9, 2010

Four Smiles

Because it is still yet to happen, I started out Independence Day determined to get a good picture of all four of my beauties. As soon as I had everyone dressed, I started to snap away. Here is the first picture I captured of the girls.
Next, we added Isaac to the mix.
While pictures with his sisters isn't on Isaac's list, there are many other things that make my children smile, as the rest of our day clearly demonstrated. Here is what made my girls grin ear to ear this July fourth:

Manicures at a local spa for little girls,
a picture with mommy,
and daddy too,
and eating pretzels from Auntie Anne's.
So what makes my sweet little boy smile? Obviously not getting a picture taken with his sisters, as he has clearly demonstrated over and over. Instead, we can get a grin from him while sitting on a tractor,
drinking lemonade,
and spending time with daddy.
We ended the day at my parents' house watching fireworks on their back deck- some of us, that is. My dad held Lydia inside the house, and Isaac went in and out of the house, unsure how he felt about all that noise. Madeline asked if the fireworks would break the sky after Brooke made a joke about Chicken Little. She then fell asleep before the finale. All in all, we had a great day celebrating our independence, and giving thanks to those who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom. I am way more blessed than any girl ever should be, and am excited to see what the rest of this year will bring. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you had a great 4th! :) Good pics, Michelle. Beautiful family. :) Luv U all. :)

    ReplyDelete