Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sitting Pretty

Lydia sat up yesterday! In the past, when one of my children reached this milestone, I scrambled around to snap a picture. This time, I decided to just sit still and enjoy the moment. This turned out to be a good decision, because seconds later I had to soften her fall as she slumped over to the side. Later on in the morning I sat her up again to take these pictures.
Just before the fall.

Isaac decided she needed some help and came over to take care of her.
I love that he takes it upon himself to take care of her.



I am amazed that just six short months ago, my baby girl was a tiny newborn.
I love you Lydia!! I'm so excited to watch you grow. Take your time before learning to crawl, at least until I have time to baby proof.

3 comments:

  1. This was such a sweet moment. I'm glad you took the time to share. :) Isaac is such a good little helper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you sat up for the first time you were my first baby so I ran for the camera. That was back in the pre-digital days and I was so excited I only got half of you in the picture :0) I loved watching Lydia get up on her hands and knees doing the "rock" yesterday. Right now, you won't have to worry so much about child-proofing as getting her out from under the couch since she only seems to go backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia is such a sweetie -- and she is blessed with 2 precious sis's -- and a such a lovable big brother. :) It's hard to believe that she is already almost 8 months old. Wow. :)

    ReplyDelete