Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Goodbye Kitty

Ever since Madeline had her Hello Kitty birthday party last year, she has talked about her next Hello Kitty party. At first I gently tried to change her mind, but then I got used to the idea. I thought it was pretty cute that she loved Hello Kitty so much she would want the same theme two years running. (Ok, so maybe a small part of my liking the idea had something to do with the fact that I already had leftover decorations from last year.) Then, last week, she hit us with a bombshell. While reassuring Bill and I that she still loved Hello Kitty, Madeline informed us that next month she wants a My Little Pony party. In her own words: "I've already had a Hello Kitty party, and I love Hello Kitty, but I've never had a pony party and I love ponies and so I want a pony party, not a Hello Kitty party."

So, while Hello Kitty still has a prominent place in the house- which is a good thing since I'd already ordered a bathing suit, t-shirt, and dress online in her honor- next month I will be planning a My Little Pony party. Meanwhile, here are some recent pics of Madeline with her beloved Hello Kitty.

Nursing Hello Kitty in the car after church.

I should make her a nursing cover.

Hello Kitty gets her own waffle in the morning.

She will be such a good mommy one day.

Madeline makes clothes for her. Here she is displaying a bow she made for Hello Kitty out of construction paper.

I know that one day Hello Kitty won't ride with us buckled up in the car and join us at bedtime prayer. I'm enjoying this stage in my little Madeline's life, and her little feline friend will always be welcome in our home.

1 comment:

  1. Goodbye Kitty. I love ponies, too, Madeline. Ponies are fun. :) You are, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete